- This event has passed.
Fall Protection Training
November 2 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$90.00 – $175.00
Length: 4 Hours (2 hours in classroom & 2 hours on practical evaluation).
This course is designed to train students in the following:
- Describe their rights under the Occupational Safety & Health Act
- Describe their employer’s responsibilities under the Occupational Safety & Health Act
- Recognize a variety of fall hazards in the workplace
- Discuss the best practices in the prevention of falls
- Discuss the methods of Fall Protection available for protecting workers
- Discuss the dangers of Suspension Trauma
- Describe the importance of a Rescue Plan
Upon completion the student will have a greater awareness of their rights and employer’s responsibilities under the Occupational Safety & Health Act. Plus, the working conditions that prompt the use of Fall Protection; and the options that are available to protect workers from falls.
Required – Successful completion requires a correct score of 80% or higher.
Required – Successful completion requires student to properly inspect both a harness and lanyard, correctly complete fall clearance calculation, don a full body harness with lanyard, and complete controlled fall.
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency on all learning stations and passing the required skills and written test, the student will receive a Fall Protection course certificate, and wallet card valid for 2 years.