- This event has passed.
October 15 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am$80.00 – $100.00
(Length: 2 Hours)
Man down training consists of:
- Classroom theory, videos, scenarios, and a two-part test.
- The proper way to put on and tighten the mask and do a seal check.
- Rig up SCBA unit and follow inspection of proper functions as communicated in class.
- The proper way to don an SCBA.
- How the regulator works and its functions.
- Where to read air levels and test alarm functions.
- Turning on and off of the air cylinder.
- Controlled breathing tactics to preserve air.
- Different scenario set ups which involve 1 man drags or 2 man carries.
Different drags and carries consist of:
- Coverall collar rolling with a 2 handed drag, under the arm pits and grabbing both wrists drag, fall protection harness drag, extremity (arms/wrists) drag.
- 2-man extremity carry where 1 rescuer grabs under the armpits and another rescuer stands in between the legs and grabs underneath the knees, same technique but you cross the legs and pick up the legs to one side of your body with both arms and the use of the basket for transport. The trainer does cover different scenarios of rescue from tank batteries or rescue from an AWP in theory, but we do not perform drills for this. The trainer would provide drills for tank battery rescue, just need a location.
Throughout training package everything is linked to man down, different scenarios are presented and how to properly plan and execute rescue.